The Meadows

Today, we look at a little family from Foxbridge, and their first home here. Jack and Alexa Meadows have been married for two years, and have a one year old daughter, Maisie. Jack works as one of Foxbridge's police officers, keeping everyone safe and happy, while Alexa helps run the pre-school. Maisie loves going to the playpark with her friends.

The family have a small flat, but they don't need much space. Alexa's favourite colour is purple, and she loves her pretty bedroom. Jack made the bed, and proudly shows it off here. Alexa's bedspread was a wedding present and she's very proud of the lacy pillows. There's even a photo of Maisie above the bed, so it feels perfectly cosy. The balcony's great for a summer evening once the baby is asleep.

Next door is the living room, where everyone goes to relax. It's got some very comfy armchairs, and lots of books to read. Alexa plans to go to classes at Foxbridge Community Centre to learn how to make a big, beautiful rug for the floor. As you can see, Alexa has a favourite fabric- it reminds her of the flowers of her own village growing up!

Lastly, Maisie's little bedroom. It's just right for a little one, and has everything she needs- her cot and special blanket, her rocking horse, fun pictures, and most importantly, Mum and Dad to give her a goodnight cuddle!


I hope you enjoyed seeing the Meadows again this week- they appeared in the story of the Bullrush-Fletcher wedding, which you can find here!

Christmas is coming up fast, and I'm excited, despite many university deadlines. I apologise for not posting much lately, I promise more stories soon! Who shall I feature next?

Love,
Fox  xx
P.S. I made:
Alexa and Jack's outfits
Maisie's blanket
The bookshelf
The bed and bedding
The lamp on the shelf and the little table

I framed the photos on the walls but did not take any that you can see in these photos- they are simply from google as I didn't have enough of my own yet!

Comments

  1. Hi Fox, I really enjoyed this post; I always like seeing how the creatures have decorated their houses, and this one is very pretty and comfortable. You are so lucky to have the Meadows family - they are so cute! I just love all the Sylvanian mice, especially the ones in the old mould.
    May I ask how you made Jack's outfit? I struggle making clothes for the men, especially shirts. Did you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack's outfit is a bit of a cheat- I sewed him a long "skirt" and simply sewed the crotch up, so you wouldn't be able to remove the pants. I used an old thin blanket as it won't fray, but I find that felt makes great trousers. Shirts are quite easy, as I simply make a rectangle, shape it, cut arm holes and glue them, and then add the sleeves and collar. It's all glued! The Meadows are adorable, and Maisie is very lucky to have such an adorable baby bedroom! Thanks for your comments! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to enter comments! Reminder: the little ones can see these, and we will remove any with bad language.

Popular Posts