Poor Daddy!



Bluebell, Poppy and Saffron are quite untidy kittens. They leave their toys all over the floor and don’t pick them up! 

Their father, Sidney, sighs as he comes upstairs to the nursery to read them a bedtime story.

“You must be more careful. Somebody could trip over and AARGH!”


“Daddy!”
“Oh no!”
“Poor Daddy!”
The three little kittens start crying loudly, and poor Sidney feels quite shaken.

“What’s going on?” Nadine cries, coming in. “So noisy!”
“I tripped on the toys on the floor. My foot is very painful!” Sidney grits his teeth. “Ouch!”
“I’ll call for Dr Slydale right now.” Nadine says, anxiously. 

"What seems to be the problem?" says Dr Slydale, brightly. "Hello, Mr Marlowe."
"It's my foot, doctor. I tripped over the toy watering can."
"It doesn't look broken, thankfully." Dr Slydale says. "But I want to give you a few checks here and then take you to the hospital. I've got my car."

Dr Slydale uses a stethoscope to listen to Sidney's heart. Poppy's lip quivers. "Poor Daddy!"
"Don't worry, little one. This just listens to his heartbeat, it won't hurt him at all!"

After Sidney and Dr Slydale leave for the hospital, the three toddlers hang their heads and start to cry. They are very sorry that they have hurt their daddy. 

The kittens can't sleep, and eventually, Nadine takes them down to the kitchen for some nice warm milk to soothe them. "I hope Daddy's home soon." says Bluebell, sadly. "I want to say I'm sorry."
"I want to give him a big cuddle." says Saffron, and hugs her mummy instead. "I didn't mean to hurt him."
"Poor Daddy!" Poppy, the youngest triplet, says again, and starts to cry once more.
"What's all of this crying?" A voice says, and the kittens almost jump for joy. "Daddy!"
"Just a bad sprain, dears. I've got to use the crutch for a while and rest it."
"We'll help!" chorus the triplets.

So the next morning, the triplets do just that.
Nurse Poppy has provided a blanket to keep the patient warm, while Nurse Saffron prepares a drink for him, and Nurse Bluebell reads a story. Sidney starts to feel a little better- at least he got out of mowing the lawn!
I hope you enjoy this story! Not much was made by me- the mugs and a few things (including the purple highchair) in the kitchen, and obviously the nurse hats. I hope you like seeing the hotel, although it's unfinished. Sidney is definitely a very patient father- my parents were always annoyed at how untidy I was (and still am!).
(Kittens: purple romper, Bluebell; pink romper, Poppy; yellow romper, Saffron)

Comments

  1. I think that the triplets certainly have learnt their lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story, Fox! The triplets look so cute with their nurse hats.
    I´m sure from now on they will put their toys away after playing.
    The mugs are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cutata! The mugs are sharpies and much fiddlier than I anticipated.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to enter comments! Reminder: the little ones can see these, and we will remove any with bad language.

Popular Posts